WHAT KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual. During the provision of our services, including if you access our websites, download our software, register as a Publication, Network Affiliate or Retailer or use any online tools that we make available on websites owned by third-party retailers with whom we are affiliated or third party publications who use our services (Affiliated Websites), we may collect your personal information. We generally collect four kinds of information:
- Personal information provided by you, including your name, address, telephone number, email address and credit card details;
- Information that we obtain about you in the course of your interaction with our websites or Affiliated Websites including your internet protocol (IP) address, the date and time of your visit to our websites or Affiliated Websites, the pages you have accessed, the links on which you have clicked, the type of browser that you were using, your device type, and screen size, which may be linked to your personal information;
- Aggregated statistical data which is information relating to your use of our websites or Affiliated Websites and our services, such as traffic flow and demographics; and
- Images and other personal media content which are uploaded by you through the website or app, and/or taken from your social networking websites and app pages including, but not restricted to, Instagram.
HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
How we collect personal information from you: Generally, we collect personal information directly from you, if you:
- Set up or update an account or other registration on our websites;
- Download or install our software;
- Acquire services from us;
- Use or access our websites or Affiliated Websites; or Submit an enquiry to us via our websites or Affiliated Websites.
If you have provided personal information to us, we may link this statistical information to your personal information for the purpose of providing services to you.
How we collect information from third parties: Where possible, we collect your personal information directly from you. However, there may be occasions when we collect personal information about you from someone else or other sources, such as from an information services provider or publicly maintained records on social networks including, but not restricted to, Instagram.
How we collect information from cookies: We may also collect personal information from you when you use or access our website, our social media pages or Affiliated Websites by utilising features and technologies of your internet browser. This may be done through use of features and technologies of your internet browser, web analytics tools, ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies that allow us to track and analyse your website usage. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, mobile phone or other device and enable and allow the creator of the cookie to identify when you visit different websites. If you do not wish information to be stored as a cookie, you can disable cookies in your web browser.
WHY DO WE NEED YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect your personal information for the purposes of providing you with services, including if you sign up as a Publication, Retailer or Affiliate, or interact with (including browsing) our websites or any Affiliated Websites.
We may use your personal information:
- To enable us to operate the services of the app and website and deliver them to you and other users of the app and website;
- If you have used, installed or downloaded our software, to monitor your usage of our software;
- To respond to an enquiry you submit to us from time to time;
- To identify other products or services that may be of interest to you;
- To send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you and for the purpose of direct marketing (in accordance with the Spam Act). In this regard, we may use email, SMS, social media or mail to send you direct marketing communications. You can opt out of receiving marketing materials from us by using the opt-out facility provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link);
- For record keeping and administrative purposes;
- To provide information about you to our contractors, employees, consultants, agents or other third parties for the purpose of providing goods or services to you;
- To improve and optimise our service offering and customer experience including through analysing aggregated data reports;
- To comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce our agreements with third parties;
- To send you administrative messages, reminders, notices, updates, security alerts, and other information requested by you;
- To consider an application of employment from you; and
- For other purposes permitted or referred to under any terms and conditions you enter into or otherwise agree to with respect to the use of our websites, our services and Affiliated Websites.
You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to us. However, without certain information from you, we may not be able to provide our services to you.
We may disclose your personal information to cloud-providers, contractors and other third parties located inside or outside of Australia. If we do so, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient deals with such personal information in a manner consistent with how we deal with it.
WHO DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO?
We may disclose your personal information with your consent to third parties for the purposes specified in paragraph 10 or for any other purposes specified above in paragraph 4. That means, generally, we will only disclose your personal information for a purpose related to the provision of our services to you. This may include disclosing your personal information to third parties who may assist us in providing these services, including without limitation the owners of Affiliated Websites. This disclosure is always on a confidential basis.
We may also disclose your personal information with your consent or if disclosure is required or authorised by law.
TYPES OF COOKIES WE USE
|Type of cookie||Description|
|Strictly Necessary Cookies||Certain cookies we use are essential for the proper functioning of our Website, without which our Website won’t work or certain features won’t be accessible to you. For example, we may need to remember data you’ve inputted from one page to the next in a single session.|
|Performance Cookies||Performance cookies collect information about your use of the Website to help enhance the services we provide to you. We collect information about how you interact with the Website, including the pages you visit and the frequency of your visits. This information helps us identify patterns of usage on the site, collect analytics data, identify issues you may have had on the Website, make changes to enhance your browsing experience and analyse if our marketing is effective and relevant to you.|
|Functional Cookies||We use functional cookies to improve your experience on our Website and make things more convenient for you. These cookies personalise your experience on our Website based on your preferences, by remembering your details such as your login details or region. Security cookies are a type of functional cookie, which assist with website and user account security. Load balancing session cookies are used for the duration of the session to distribute user requests across multiple servers to optimize website speed and capacity. We may also use user interface customization persistent cookies to store a user’s preferred version of our Website, such as font and language preferences.|
|Advertising cookies||Advertising cookies are used on our Website to provide you with targeted marketing materials in accordance with your interests and preferences. These cookies remember that you visited our Website, and we may provide this information to third parties. These cookies usually cannot personally identify you, so your anonymity is typically secured. These cookies ensure that advertisements displayed to you are things that may be of interest to you.|
|Content cookies||Content cookies are placed by many social media plugins (like plugins that allow you to share content on Facebook), and other tools to enhance the content displayed on a website (for example, services that allow the playing of video files). We integrate these plugins into our Website to improve usability and customer experience. Some of these third-party services may place cookies that are also used for the purposes of behavioural advertising or market analysis.|
HOW LONG WILL COOKIES REMAIN ON MY DEVICE?
The amount of time that a cookie remains on your computer or device depends on the type of cookie – cookies are either “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted, so they may remain on your device for as little as 10 minutes to several years. Session cookies last until you stop browsing, so just for the relevant session.
We may use third-party analytics cookies to collect information about your interaction with our website or an Affiliated Website. We also may use Google Analytics and other third-party analytics providers to help process data. To find out more, see How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.
HOW DO I CONTROL COOKIES?
Usually, you can control and manage cookies through your browser. You can control whether or not your browser accepts cookies, how to filter and manage cookies, and how to delete cookies at the end of a session.
If you remove or block cookies, this may negatively impact your experience of our website and you may not be able to access all parts of our website.
Many third-party advertising services allow you to opt out of their tracking systems, by giving you the opportunity to opt out by way of a pop-up before downloading cookies to your device.
From time to time, we may seek your consent to us disclosing your contact details to a specified third party. When you have provided your consent, we may disclose your personal information to that third party for the purpose of the third party contacting you for promotional purposes, and the third party may contact you with special offers via the communication channel or channels specified at the time of obtaining your consent.
If you unsubscribe or opt-out, your account will be deleted in a timely manner and you will not have your data provided to any third parties for marketing or other purposes (except to the extent as required by law to disclose it). You may at any point re-subscribe by re-registering.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take all steps reasonable in all the circumstances to ensure that the personal information we hold is protected from misuse, interference and loss from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We hold personal information in both hard copy and electronic forms in secure databases on secure premises, accessible only by authorised staff.
We will destroy or de-identify personal information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless we are otherwise required or authorised by law to retain the information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Our website may contain links to other websites. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those linked websites and we suggest you review the privacy policies of those websites before using them.
CAN YOU ACCESS AND CORRECT THE PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE HOLD ABOUT YOU?
We take steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure personal information we hold is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to request access and/or seek correction of your personal information that is collected and held by us.
To obtain access to your personal information:
- You will have to provide proof of identity. This is necessary to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected;
- You must be reasonably specific about the information you require; and
- We may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which reflects the cost to us, for providing access in accordance with your request.
If we refuse your request to access or correct your personal information, we will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and details of complaint mechanisms. We will also take steps reasonable in the circumstance to endeavor to provide you with access in a manner that meets your needs and our needs. We will endeavor to respond to your request to access or correct your personal information within 7 days from your request.
HOW TO CONTACT US?
For further information or enquiries regarding your personal information held by us, or if you would like to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications from us or our Affiliated Website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please direct all privacy complaints to us on the contact details specified in paragraph 10. At all times, privacy complaints:
- Will be treated seriously;
- Will be dealt with promptly;
- Will be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
- Will not affect your existing obligations or affect your commercial arrangements with us.
We will commence an investigation into your complaint. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint following the completion of the investigation.